- In the begining, the group was named Asylum. Asylum made their debut on
September 6th 1996, in front of 250 people.
- The band was renamed "TOMALO", due to a change on the members of the band
and a problem they had with Warner Bros. (May 1998).
- On July 1998 the band was established and started working on the pre -
production of the debut album.
- On October 1999, TOMALO edited their 1st CD, which contained 9 own songs (3
of them in english) and a hidden KISS bonus track. Nowadays, the CDs can be
found under the same name "TOMALO", in rock Record Stores and in Musimundo
Record Store (a famous Argentinian chain store).
- On November 1999, the band ended up as a power - trio, in a new level of
develompent and, musical / visual inspiration never seen before in the
- Year 2000, found TOMALO working on different proyects such as:
participations in compilations and tribute albums, more alive shows, a
better distribution of their material, the pre - selection of songs that was
going to be part of their 2nd CD in english and the inauguration of their
official site on the Internet.
- On July 28th, 2000, TOMALO was one of the opening bands of the concert that
Michael Monroe (ex Hanoi Rocks) made at "The Roxy" Buenos Aires (Argentina);
beeing this show, the first time they opened for an international band.
- On Jannuary 2001, the band started their 1st promotional tour inside
Argentina in Posadas City (Misiones Province), where they played on Jan 11th
(at Tauro Cool Bar), Jan 12th (at the ex - Train Station) and on Jan 13th
(at the sea coast), all under the name of the "4th International Rider's
Meeting" and in front of 3000 people, with an amazing welcome of the
audience and the press (newspapers, radios and television).
- On May 17th, 2001, TOMALO made their 2nd promotional tour inside Argentina
and visited Córdoba City (Córdoba Province), playing at "Casa Babilon" (Bv.
Las Heras 48), along with local bands at the "Rock n' Stoned Festival".
- On October 27th, 2001 TOMALO was the main opening band of Vince Neil's
(Motley Crue singer) show at Obras Sanitarias Stadium (Buenos Aires, Capital City
- TOMALO edited "Play it Loud" on Jannuary 2002, their 2nd CD, containing 11
songs in english (one of them being a Kiss cover / version of "Beth"), under
a big production level: sound, composition, instrumentation and graphic.
- In February 2002, TOMALO made "Play it Live Tour 2002", their 3rd tour outside Buenos
Aires. Along with an important press tour (newspapers, radios and TV), they played in Posadas
(Misiones) one more time on Friday Feb 22nd at "Super Man"; and on Saturday Feb 21st they
traveled to Ituzaingo (Corrientes province) to play at "Zoom disco".
- On April 2002 was the premiere of ALAN, independent film where TOMALO
participates with 2 songs in the soundtrack: "Faster Racer" and "Love is...".
- In year 2002 along with PLAY IT LOUD launch, TOMALO started to spread their music around the
world, receiving excellent reviews from different medias and musicians; during the first months
of the year, the song "My turn to Rock" was chosen as "favourite mp3" in a Holland Kiss especialized
web site. TOMALO also appears in "Kiss On Line" (official Kiss Web Site) for Play It Loud launch.
The spanish website PLANETA METAL made a detailed review of the album making it with the highest
- On June 2002 the band recordered "SEGUIR", official soundtrack of "Un viaje a las puertas del
rock" radio station programme. "Seguir" is the first song recordered in spanish from 1999 debut
album and it's only available through the internet.
- On July 2002, in USA they got to enter to the "Future Now Radio Top 5"; in July they were interviewed
by Al Cocchi from Cyberstorm Radio (NJ) and by Randy Roxx from Extreme Radio. Tomalo also stays
at Maddog Radio´s Top 10 (Hawaii) during several months reaching the 1st place with the song Love
Is... and the 3rd place withReady to Fly. The band had produced several promotional spots for all
these radio stations which have played on rotation.
- In November 2002 the spanish magazine KRAKEN edited a compilated CD where
TOMALO participated with their "My Turn To Rock" as song Nº 4 of the playlist.
- On December 2002 the band started to outline their 3rd studio album. OPTIMIZER
INTERACTIVE COVERS is a different proyect from the ones they have made before.
This cover album has been made only for internet difusion, with the audience interaction
voting for the songs that will be part of the final list. Nowadays, TOMALO is working in that album.
- On March 2003, TOMALO finalized their 1st video clip from the song "Love Is...",
it's 100% animation made by Toonnight Studios
- In May 2003, the band began their 4th Tour inside Argentina. Again, Misiones province
has been the place. This time, TOMALO played on Friday May 23rd in Cerro Azul (40km far away from
Apostoles) also, the same night the band played in Apostoles (70km far away from Posadas),
at the "El templo del rock" Radio Programme Party. On Saturday May 24th, the band played in Posadas
at "Cronos" pub and on Sunday May 25th, TOMALO ended their tour at the 3rd Antique Cars
and Motorcycles Meeting at the Parque Paraguayo. The whole tour was covered and promoted by
several radio programmes from different places, "Primera Edicion" newspaper and Channel 12
from Misiones, where the new "Love Is..." video was released.
- The Hard Rock and Heavy Website “Rock Angels” from Spain made a long interview to Tute. Moreover, one
of the critics of this spanish website, had put Tomalo's CD "Play it Loud" in position nº 2 of
their “Top List from July 2003”.
- On September 6th, 2003 was made the official presentation of the 1st. videoclip of the band: "Love Is",
at "Santa Colomba" bar. After showing it in a big screen, TOMALO made an electro-acoustic set, without drums.
At that same time, the videoclip started to be seen on different argentinian's cable channels.
April 2004 TOMALO finished their 3rd studio album: "OPTIMIZER INTERACTIVE COVERS". This album is
only available through the internet. This album has 9 covers from different artist such us The Beatles,
Ramones, Whitesnake, Bob Marley, The Beach Boys, Def Leppard and AC-DC between others.
Each track of the album has its own ilustrated cover made by several artist, and they are all based on the
charapters of the video "Love Is...". This way, you can take each song as a single. Beside presenting this album
through TomaloWeb, the band is promoting the album in national and international media, fansclubs from the original
artists, recieving great critics and comments on the songs.
- During year 2003/2004 TUTE made some original music for publicity and short movies. Such as the
music for “Fuerza T” (some kinda He-Man action figures) or “a quien elijo”
(both from TOP TOYS CO). Also he made the original music for INCUCAI publicity
played on argentinian national radios and TV Channels. INCUCAI is a Foundation
dedicated to the donations of organs in Argentina.
- In year 2004 TOMALO keep on doing promotion of their music around the
world: METAL SHOP Radio Station (USA) chose Maniac from "Optimizer”
album to be played on their radio station. They also put TOMALO at “Almost
Famous” bands featured of august and September. R@DIO DIMENSION (USA)
has added several TOMALO’s songs to the normal rotation such as: "Cuando
Baje la Marea", “Sombra Nocturna” "Poison Heart” and “Seguir”. The
band has also made an interview for this same radio station. UNSIGNED ONLINE
Radio Station (USA) has played several songs from TOMALO. “Love is”, “My Turn
To Rock” and “Ready To Fly” has been at “TOP 10 Requests” from march ‘04 till
Sept ‘04. Also “Play it Loud” has been at “TOP 25 Requestes” from July till
Sept. Al Cocci from CYBERSTORM radio (New Jersey-USA)invited Tomalo to make an interview to talk
about Tomalo's new album "Optimizer". Radio REVOLTING ROOM
from Rapid City, San Diego (USA) played "Go Down" from "Play it
Loud" CD. SI STUD DJ from EXTREME RADIO played Tomalo's cover of
"The Deeper The Love". Several WebSites had made reviews from
“Optimizer” album such as: MUSICOMANIA (Canada) and "METALOCO Ezine".
Also specialized websites of The Ramones like RAMONEROS (Argentina) and RAMONESTORY
(Italy); or websites dedicated to Def Leppard like "THE DEF LEPPARD
ARCHIVE" and the spanish website of “jvilaper”. Strutter
Magazine from The Netherlands made a great review from "Play it
- During February 2004, Tomalo started to record their 4th. album
at Howard`s Jail Studio. The next album will have a dark and hard image. The
CD would be edited and it will contain 15 songs.
Copyright © | TOMALO | 1998-2009